Thursday, August 13, 2009

Planting Memories


How happy I was that spring afternoon when I took my 18-month old daughter outside and planted flowers in the front bed. God, children and gardening were all coming together for a special time.

I decided to throw in a little lesson on the importance of good soil and the evils of weeds and grubs. No time like early to start on those spiritual principles. And then there was water and fertilizer - I was sure I could find a spiritual tie in there. And who can forget sunshine - that was obvious -Sonshine.

I was so busy teaching that I was paying no attention to my little student. Finally I turned around and saw that she was staying right with me -following everything I was doing. As I put the flowers in, she was pulling them back out and lining them up on the sidewalk.

Naptime......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comment. I look forward to reading what you wrote.