Monday, February 15, 2010

Don't Leave Home Without It

Therefore, put on every piece of God's armor
so you will be able to resist the enemy
in the time of evil.
Then after the battle
you will still be standing firm.
Stand your ground,
putting on the belt of truth
and the body armor of God's righteousness.
For shoes, put on the peace
that comes from the Good News
so that you will be fully prepared.
In addition to all of these,
hold up the shield of faith
to stop the fiery arrows
of the devil.
Put on salvation as your helmet,
and take the sword of the Spirit,
which is the Word of God------
Ephesians 6:13-17

I don't think I've ever left the house without my makeup carefully applied and my hair in place. What I wear is important to me. My grandmother once pointed out that I always had to have everything that I wear match - from shoes to jewelery to purse. This is true.

However, I often start my day spiritually unarmed. God's armor is a gift offered to us. I can leave it tucked away in my Bible or recesses of my mind. Or, I can consciously take up each piece and be clothed in all that God offers.

Lord, help me step into your armor each day. Make me conscious of all that you offer to protect me against the schemes of the enemy. Thank you that you provide all that I need to live victoriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your comment. I look forward to reading what you wrote.